As an advisor to Danish and international industrial, commercial and financial businesses etc during his many years as an attorney, Poul Flemming Hansen has been deeply engaged in a wealth of areas, especially M&A, banking law, financing, financial legislation, corporate law, contract law, labour and employment law and litigation.
Poul Flemming provides general advisory services at management level to a host of medium-sized and large Danish and foreign businesses and he is a member of the board of directors of various Danish companies and foundations.
Poul Flemming has a right of audience before the Danish High Court and the Danish Supreme Court and has handled a range of important actions for damages in the field of contractual relationships and financial business. Poul Flemming has been serving as a judge in the Danish Labour Court for more than 25 years and was appointed by the Confederation of Danish Employers.
Poul Flemming played an active role in the establishment of the trade organisation known as the Association of Danish Law Firms (Danske Advokater) and was a member of its board of directors for a number of years.
For many years, Poul Flemming has been the secretary of one of Denmark's leading associations of artists, Den Frie Udstilling, and he also lends assistance to other associations of artists and charitable trusts for artists.
For more information about Poul Flemming’s recent cases, please see below.
- Boston Holding A/S – advisory services provided to Boston Holding A/S in connection with an investment in a new German offshore wind farm. Transaction value of about DKK 4.7 billion
- Pensionskassen for Shell-Funktionærer i Danmark and Pensionsafviklingskassen for Funktionærer i A/S Dansk Shell – conclusion of an agreement to transfer the entire pension portfolio to a Danish branch of a French pension insurance company. Transaction value of about DKK 3 billion
- Pensionskassen for Apotekere og Farmaceuter – conclusion of an agreement to transfer the entire pension portfolio to a Danish pension insurance company. Transaction value of about DKK 1.3 billion
- Danish banks – advisory services on non-performing loans
- Fonden Herlev Bladet and Klimafonden – advisory services on the establishment of commercial foundations
Poul Flemming Hansen is recommended as regards Employment.
Poul Flemming Hansen is recommended as regards Energy. Poul Flemming Hansen shows "professionalism, integrity and courtesy".
Poul Flemming Hansen is recommended as regards Mergers & Acquisitions. (2014)
Poul Flemming Hansen is ranked as a leading individual as regards Corporate/M&A and "he is highly respected"
Poul Flemming Hansen is ranked as a leading individual as regards Energy by Chambers Europe 2014. Respected in the market for his wide-ranging experience, Poul Flemming Hansen co-heads the Energy and Natural Resources Department. Clients describe him as "extremely likeable and always very calm. A source of inspiration". (2014)
Poul Flemming Hansen is ranked as a leading individual as regards Corporate/M&A. "Poul Flemming Hansen understands his clients' businesses and is excellent at liaising with the board and management", say sources. (2013)
Poul Flemming Hansen is ranked as a leading individual as regards Corporate/M&A and "he is highly respected." (2014)
Poul Flemming Hansen is listed as a leading individual as regards Banking in the Banking, Finance and Transactional. (2015)