Lise Høy Falsner heads our Employment and Labour Law team together with Henriette Stakemann.
Lise provides advice to public, semi-public and private businesses on employment and labour law and, thanks to her many years of service with the Legal Advisor to the Danish Government, she has acquired special expertise in advising the Government, regional authorities, local authorities and self-governing institutions, including the universities.
Her vast experience in litigation and arbitration proceedings makes Lise a much sought-after attorney for labour and employment law cases before the Danish High Court, the Danish Supreme Court, the Danish Labour Court, the Danish Civil Servants Court and industrial arbitration tribunals.
Lise also advises clients on civil servant employment issues and on employees with similar conditions of employment, conducts legal investigations into employee matters and acts as an arbitrator in employment and labour law matters.
Lise has extensive lecturing experience and is a popular lecturer on courses and at conferences in employment law, in particular regarding employees who are subject to publicly regulated terms of employment.
In the period 1997-2017 has handled a number of cases of general public importance before the Danish Supreme Court and Danish High Court as well as industrial arbitration proceedings involving the legal status of public-sector employees on behalf of public authorities.
- Local authority - represented a local authority in a case of general public importance before the Danish Eastern High Court about alleged ageism in 2017
- Business academies
- represented a business academy in a case about limitation of actions. First before the district court and then before the Danish Eastern High Court in 2017
- represented a business academy in connection with a claim by the Danish Business Authority for a bigger repayment of contributions to salaries to employees in 2016
- Vocational schools - represented several vocational schools in cases before the Danish Board of Equal Treatment, among others, about alleged violation of the Danish Act on Prohibition against Discrimination on the Labour Market in 2015-2019
- The Danish Act on the Transfer of Undertakings and calls for tenders - a case before the Danish Eastern High Court about the liability of the contracting entity in connection with outsourcing in 2016
- The Danish Supreme Court - a case before the Danish Supreme Court about equal treatment and the employer's access to employees' emails in 2015
- The Danish Civil Servants' Court - cases about rules on the classification of civil servants in August 2015 and January 2016
- University - represented universities in a case about the dismissal of an employee working under a supported employment arrangement in 2018
Lise Høy Falsner is recommended as regards Employment by Legal 500 (2019)
Lise Høy Falsner is recommended as regards Employment. Under the joint leadership of "very skilled" Henriette Stakemann and "sharp and pragmatic" Lise Høy Falsner, Plesner handles the employment aspects of transactions, as well as incentive schemes, collective redundancies and terminations. (2018)
Lise Høy Falsner is listed as an expert with respect to Labour, Employment & Benefits. (2017)
Lise Høy Falsner is listed as an expert with respect to Labour, Employment & Benefits - Labour & Employment. (2016)