Jacob Ørskov Rasmussen is head of Plesner's Commercial Contracts team as well as the Franchise team and the Automotive team - and he has years of experience in advising Danish and international clients on contractual relationships, both nationally and internationally.
Jacob has acquired in-depth knowledge of and experience in a broad spectrum of commercial contract types, including sales and distribution agreements, agency agreements, franchise agreements, logistics and warehousing agreements, facility management agreements, supply agreements as well as purchasing contracts.
Jacob has extensive experience in franchising, including extensive experience with the drafting and negotiation of franchise agreements, Danish and EU competition law related to franchising and setting up franchise systems in Denmark. Jacob has amongst others been involved in franchise matters concerning the following brands: Starbucks Coffee, Carl's Jr., KellyDeli (Sushi Daily), Joe & the Juice and Gucci.
Jacob has contributed to a number of international publications on franchising, including "Getting the Deal Through - Franchise 2015" and "The Franchise Law Review, Edition 4", and Jacob is a member of ABAs (American Bar Association) Forum on Franchising.
Jacob has been designated by the International Distribution Institute (idiproject.com) as country expert regarding franchising in Denmark.
Jacob is also an expert in relation to distribution and agency law and he has years of experience in advising national, international and multinational clients within this legal field.
Jacob furthermore provides legal advice on export control and trade sanctions, contract management as well as compliance and legal risk management.
The automotive industry is also one of Jacob's special areas of expertise and he has in-depth knowledge of this industry. Jacob's clients include car factories, factory-owned and private car importers as well as banks and financing companies.
Jacob is member of the board of directors of A/S Crispy Food International, Nakskov Mill Foods A/S and Easis A/S.
- Kohberg Bakery Group A/S - legal advice in connection with the drafting, negotiating and entering into of a co-manufacturing agreement with CSM Bakery Solutions Europe Holding B.V.d
- Weber-Stephen Nordic ApS - legal advice in relation to the implementation of a Pan-European Selective Distribution System in Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland
- BMW Danmark A/S - legal advice in relation to the drafting and implementation of new BMW Dealer Agreements and new BMW Service Agreements
- Sanistål A/S - legal advice in relation to the entering into of a Master Cooperation Agreement with CribMaster Inc. (part of the Stanley Black & Decker Group)
- Kohberg Bakery Group A/S - legal advice in connection with the entering into of a Cooperation Agreement with Dansk Supermarked A/S concerning the delivery of bake-off products to supermarket chains under Dansk Supermarked A/S
- nemlig.com A/S - legal assistance to the owner of nemlig.com A/S (fast-growing online supermarket) in connection with Anders Holch Povlsen's (Bestseller) investment in nemlig.com A/S
- Tetra Pak Danmark A/S - legal advice in relation to the drafting and negotiating with Arla Foods concerning general terms of purchase of machinery, including installation by the Arla Food Group
- Nordea Finans Danmark A/S - legal advice in relation to the drafting and implementation of a Wholesale Financing Agreement with Volvo Personvogne Danmark A/S regarding new Volvo vehicles
- Joe and the Juice A/S - legal advice in relation to the drafting and implementation of a Franchise Agreement concerning the territory of Iceland
- Sephora Denmark/Sephora Sweden - legal advice in relation to the drafting and implementation of Selective Distribution Agreements in Denmark and Sweden
- Moët Hennessy Danmark A/S - legal advice in relation to the drafting of a new Distribution Agreement for the business unit Travel Retail
- Compass Group Denmark A/S - legal advice in connection with Compass Group Denmark A/S entering into a Master License Agreement with Starbucks
- Alfa Laval - legal advice in connection with the entering into of a Research and Development Agreement with the Technical University of Denmark and the University of Southern Denmark
- Nakskov Mill Foods A/S and A/S Crispy Foods International - legal advice in connection with the entering into of a Framework Production Agreement with Orkla Foods Sverige AB
- Nakskov Mill Foods A/S - legal advice in connection with the negotiation and entering into of a Manufacturing Agreement with Frito-Lay Trading Company (Europe) GmbH (part of the PepsiCo Group)
Jacob Ørskov Rasmussen is listed as a "Leading Franchise Lawyer": Jacob Ørskov Rasmussen stands out as "a commercially orientated and responsive lawyer" and demonstrates an "impressive knowledge of franchise law". (2018)
Jacob Ørskov Rasmussen is listed as a "Recommended lawyer" as regards the practice area Commercial, Corporate and M&A. (2017)
Jacob Ørskov Rasmussen is listed as a "Leading Franchise Lawyer": "Jacob Ørskov Rasmussen receives wide-ranging endorsements for his outstanding contractual practice and specialist experience in the retail sector". (2017)
Jacob Ørskov Rasmussen is listed as a "Recommended lawyer" as regards the practice area Commercial, Corporate and M&A. (2016)