Henrik Laursen is a partner in our Corporate Finance team and has extensive experience in large complex transactions across all public M&A and capital markets transactions (IPOs, rights issues, ABBs, takeovers, restructurings, etc.) as well venture capital and private M&A transactions. In addition to transactional work, Henrik provides advice in relation to ongoing disclosure obligations and corporate governance.
Henrik has completed transactions with an aggregate value of more than DKK 150bn and has been involved in several Danish landmark transactions across multiple industries, including the IPOs of Netcompany, Nets, ISS and Scandinavian Tobacco Group, the takeover bids on Topdanmark and Nørresundby Bank and led the Plesner equity capital markets (ECM) team advising Tryg on its DKK 37bn Rights Issue, the largest ever ECM transaction in Denmark.
In addition to substantial experience and a successful track record with capital markets transactions in the Danish market, Henrik is among the most experienced Danish practitioners within cross-border capital markets transactions, having advised on the IPOs of Forward Pharma (first main listing on Nasdaq NYC), Ascendis Pharma (second main listing on Nasdaq NYC), Bavarian Nordic (abandoned US IPO), Zealand Pharma (first dual-listing on Nasdaq NYC), Orphazyme (third dual-listing on Nasdaq NYC) Nordic Waterproofing (IPO on Nasdaq Stockholm) as well as the restructuring of SEK 350m bonds issued by Trigon Agri A/S (listed on Nasdaq Stockholm).
While working across multiple industries, Henrik has a particular focus on the technology and life science sectors as well as providing advice to financial institutions.
- Netcompany - Advisor to Netcompany in connection with its IPO (DKK 3.6bn)
- Zealand Pharma - Advisor to Zealand Pharma in connection with its equity finance and license transaction with Alexion
- Tryg - Advisor to Nordea in connection with Tryg's private placement to finance the acquisition of Alka (DKK 4bn)
- NTG - Advisor to the syndicate banks in connection with NTG's admission to trading and official listing on Nasdaq Copenhagen (listing only)
- Orphazyme - Advisor to the syndicate banks in connection with Orphazyme's IPO (DKK 600m)
- Nets - Advisor to the syndicate banks in connection with Nets' IPO (DKK 5.5bn)
- GreenMobility - Advisor to ABGSC in connection with two GreenMobility private placements
- Adform - Advisor to the syndicate banks in connection with Adform's contemplated IPO (aborted)
- Scandinavian Tobacco Group - Advisor to the syndicate banks in connection with STG's IPO (DKK 3.6bn)
- Nordic Waterproofing - Advisor to Nordic Waterproofing in connection with its IPO on Nasdaq Stockholm (SEK 1.1bn)
- Nordjyske Bank - Advisor to Nordjyske Bank in connection with its rights issue (DKK 704m)
- Bavarian Nordic - Advisor to the syndicate banks in connection with Bavarian Nordic's private placement (DKK 665m)
- Forward Pharma - Advisor to the syndicate banks in connection with Forward Pharma's IPO on Nasdaq Main Market (New York) (USD 220m)
- Zealand Pharma - Advisor to Zealand Pharma in connection with its IPO on Nasdaq Main Market (New York) (USD 90m)
- Agromino - Advisor to Agromino in its debt-to-equity restructuring and listing of warrants
- ISS - Advisor to the syndicate banks in connection with ISS' IPO (DKK 9.4bn)
- Netcompany, Matas, Genmab, Asetek, etc. - Advisor on numerous sell-down transactions
- Topdanmark - Advisor to Sampo in its mandatory bid on Topdanmark
- Nørresundby Bank - Advisor to Nordjyske Bank in its take-over of Nørresundby Bank (DKK 2bn)
- Facebook - Advisor to Facebook in connection with its acquisition of The Eye Tribe
- Riemann - Advisor to Orkla in connection with its acquisition of Riemann
- Kelsen - Advisor to the Ferrero Family Office in its acquisition of Kelsen
- Ascendis Pharma - Advisor to US VC funds in connection with Series D financing round led by Sofinnova Ventures (USD 60m)
- Santaris Pharma - sale by Sunstone Capital, Novo A/S and others of Santaris Pharma A/S to Roche
- DONG Energy (now Ørsted) - Advisor to DONG Energy in connection with private placement with participation from Goldman Sachs, ATP and PFA (DKK 11bn)
- Fan Milk International - Advisor to Abraaj and Danone in connection with acquisition of Fan Milk International
- Trustpilot - Advisor to Index Ventures in connection with venture round (EUR 10m)
Henrik Laursen is recommended and listed as a "Next generation partner" as regards Capital Markets (2020+2021)
"We are a newly listed company and Henrik Laursen’s capital markets team became our trusted advisor on capital markets law in no time. The team are very good in framing their advice to match our needs perfectly"
"Henrik Laursen is extremely hard-working, always accessible, very pleasant to work with and – most importantly – he is never afraid of “leaning out” with specific, practical and useful advice" (2021)
Henrik Laursen is listed as a Leading Lawyer (Notable Practitioner) as regards Capital Markets: Equity and M&A (2020+2021)
Henrik Laursen is recommended and listed as a "Next generation lawyer" as regards Capital Markets. Henrik Laursen attracts praise as "a very strong practitioner who always goes the extra mile for clients" (2019)