Esben Kjær is a corporate lawyer who is in great demand among clients for his ability to negotiate and communicate solutions in a complex environment involving a wealth of competences in Plesner's various practice areas.
Esben specialises in transactions in the fields of energy, infrastructure and transport and has extensive experience in agreements with public contracting entities.
As a part of Plesner's Energy Law & Infrastructure team Esben advises Danish and international clients in the energy and infrastructure sector on all parts of their legal and commercial challenges.
He is known for his no-nonsense approach combined with his ability to find simple and robust solutions to complex problems.
During his career, Esben has been engaged in numerous M&As and investment transactions and is often used as a negotiator in the establishment or termination of investments and joint ventures.
- Aquila Capital - in relation to the acquisition of Vindtestcenter Kappel A/S, including a windfarm with a total capacity of 25 MW, from European Energy A/S
- Dangro Invest (agricultural investment in Eastern Europe) - multi-seller transaction involving more than 400 shareholders' sale of shares in Dangro Invest to a US pension fund
- CPHI-Holding - advice in connection with several rounds of investments and business development in the CPHI-Holding group (airport security and airport baggage handling)
- EWII - investments in wind farms in Denmark and abroad
- Green Power Partners II K/S (a company owned by the Danish pension funds AP Pension and PBU Pension) - in relation to an investment in windmill farms in Denmark.
- Arriva (Deutsche Bahn) – train and bus services in Denmark
- Siemens – numerous matters, including regular corporate law and contractual matters
- Bruger-Hjælper Formidlingen (care and temp solutions for disabled people) - dissolution of a joint venture and the establishment of a new ownership structure
- EgnsInvest – termination of cooperation with investor/partner and negotiation of split-up
- Landic Property Bonds I – safeguarding of the interests of a senior bank and bondholders through the management and subsequent sale of sale-and-lease-back properties with SAS as the principal lessee
- SEAS-NVE – regular matters in relation to renewable energy investments
Esben Kjær is listed as a Leading Lawyer (Notable Practitioner) as regards Energy (2020)
Esben Kjær is recommended as regards Environment (2019)
Esben Kjær is listed as a Leading Lawyer (Notable Practitioner) as regards Energy (2019)
Esben Kjær is listed as a Leading Lawyer (Notable Practitioner) as regards Energy (Financial and Corporate 2018).
Esben Kjær is recommended as regards Energy. (2017)
Esben Kjær is ranked as a leading individual as regards Corporate/M&A by both Chambers Global and Chambers Europe. Esben Kjær is a corporate lawyer who is praised by sources for his technical skills. He is particularly active within the energy and transportation sectors, advising clients on M&A transactions, joint ventures and restructuring mandates. (2016)
Esben Kjær is recommended as regards Energy. (2016)
Esben Kjær is ranked as a leading individual as regards Corporate/M&A. Esben Kjær focuses on M&A in the energy sector, specifically the wind and solar industries. (2015)
Esben Kjær is ranked as a leading individual as regards Corporate/M&A by Chambers Global as well as by Chambers Europe. He receives praise for his client service. He is "a great corporate lawyer, and we are pleased with the service he provides", report clients. (2014)
Esben Kjær is recommended as regards Shipping and Transport. (2014)
Esben Kjær is ranked as a leading individual as regards Corporate/M&A by Chambers Global as well as by Chambers Europe. Esben Kjær impresses clients with his ability to find simple solutions and his understanding of their business. He is particular experienced within the public transport and renewable energy sectors. (2013)
Esben Kjær is listed as a rising star with respect to M&A. Esben Kjær is "a very good lawyer and well liked. He is kind and quality and solution driven". (2013)